Types of hosting services
A hosting solution means keeping and/or sharing specific content on a web hosting server run by a hosting supplier. There are different varieties of hosting services used for different ends, so let's have a glance at them. Thus, you can choose what you want, based on whether you'd like to establish a website, mail accounts, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by various companies, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage solutions frequently involve ads by the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting wholesalers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally unsuitable explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allocate the workload between independent hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a kind of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; some suppliers provide a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you want to share a large quantity of pics with pals or associates since the service is typically free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to administering your mail accounts. Some companies provide hosting solutions for sites, but do not offer an e-mail service. If you desire to own an email address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can create email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and several hundred web page visitors, you may have trouble with your site hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will enable you to manage as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to possess a site. To some extent, it includes all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At InfoByte Solutions Hosting, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for specific web content only.